In the immortal words of Harry Caray, “Holy Cow!”. David Airey, a graphics logo designer from Scotland is offering $4,000 worth of prizes in a contest on his blog. Entry rules are as simple as posting to your blog and linking his logo design website. As you can tell, my logo was designed by me, but it would be nice to get a professional logo, but it would have to fit with what I envisioned as a logo for my website.
Now I’m not one for usually entering contests or playing the lottery, but this is too easy to enter. It’s not that hard to post a blog entry and link up some best logo keywords. But wait! There’s more! He’s got a number of ways to get additional entries in the contest. He’s offering one additional entry for every 5 links to the prize sponsors! So without further delay, here are the sponsors and prizes:
- Logo design from David Airey. Add a touch of professionalism to your business with one of my logo designs.
- Custom WordPress theme design from Nate Whitehill of Nate Whitehill dot Com. Itï¿½s vital to set yourself apart from the crowd, and Nate will help a great deal with your very own custom WordPress theme.
- Personal marketing / advertising plan from Maki of Dosh Dosh. Maki is an expert where blog advertising is concerned, and he is kindly donating his time to help you make the most of your new custom blog.
- One yearï¿½s hosting and blog setup from John Boardley of I Love Typography. John has kindly donated his time and will do everything you need to get your new custom blog hosted on one of Media Templeï¿½s dedicated servers.
- Signed copy of Blogging Tips by Lorelle VanFossen of Lorelle on WordPress. I bought this book myself, and it contains excellent blogging tips for beginners to pros.
- Logo design from Tara Roskell of Graphic Design Blog. You only need to visit Graphic Design Blog to realise that Tara really knows a lot about great design.
- Website critique from Randa Clay of Randa Clay Design. If you want some expert advice on how to improve your website design, you wonï¿½t be disappointed by this offering.
- One hour SEO consultation with Lyndon Antcliff of Cornwall SEO. Lyndon will conduct a Skype consultation with the winner of this prize, and he comes highly recommended for search engine optimisation and linkbaiting.
- $60 of books from Amazon courtesy of Darren Rowse of ProBlogger. Is there a book youï¿½ve been meaning to buy on Amazon? How about getting it free? A great donation from a professional blogger.
- Logo / blog header design from Jonathan-C. Phillips of Smart Wealthy Rich. Jonathan has donated his expert skills to help your blog stand out from the crowd.
- One hour blog optimization consultation with Daniel Scocco of Daily Blog Tips. This consultation will cover design, SEO, monetization and blogging strategy, from the author of one of bloggingï¿½s most useful resources.
- Revolution Premium WordPress theme package (personal package) from Brian Gardner, WordPress designer and consultant. Brianï¿½s WordPress skills are second to none.
- Blog review and email interview published on Make It Great! with Phil Gerbyshak. The man to ï¿½make it greatï¿½ will critique your blog and feature you on his very own PR5 blog.
- Behringer Podcastudio USB Podcasting Kit, kindly donated by Fraserï¿½s Affiliate Marketing Blog. Looking for a new way to express yourself? Ever wanted to be a famous producer? Then podcasting is the answer and the BEHRINGER PODCASTUDIO USB bundle has all you need to make high-quality podcasts and home recordings. (Skunky says “ME WANT! MAKE MONKEY NOISES!”)
- $25 via PayPal courtesy of Gayla McCord of Mom Gadget. Free money! Who doesnï¿½t want free money? Very kind of you Gayla.
USB storage keys
- 2GB USB storage key x 3 courtesy of Jamie Clague at Terinea Weblog. Three USB sticks will make up three separate prizes, with free worldwide postage. Jamie, Edinburgh Computer Services, has also kindly donated his valuable time to helping with the prize draw administration.
Blog reviews and design help
- Full blog review with deep links and images published on Blog-Op with Chris Lodge. Chris knows how to piece together an excellent blog review, giving you an added insight into the impression your website is giving.
- Blog review from Aaron Russell of miLienzo. Aaron has been coding WordPress themes for a while now and certainly knows his stuff where blog design is concerned.
- Expert WordPress blog help from Lakshmi Mareddy of Chilligavva. Have you ever had any ideas for your blog that you havenï¿½t been able to incorporate? Lakshmi has kindly agreed to offer her WordPress skills, helping you out with either code or graphics.
- Blog review from Hock Ng of Marketing Tools Review. Hock will focus his review on your blog content, design, SEO and usability.
- Blog makeover from Charles Jordan of The Queer Chef. Charles is proficient with design for the Blogger platform, and can also design WordPress. Heï¿½ll tantalise your taste buds with one of his blog makeovers.
Telephone and Skype consultations
- Blog writing consultation with Ben Yoskovitz of Instigator Blog. Ben has offered his expertise to review 3ï¿½5 of your articles, providing tips and giving suggestions on writing, plus a quick guide to social media and how you can benefit from it.
- Two 45 minute coaching consultations with Mark McGuinness of Wishful Thinking. Mark specialises in coaching creative professionals, and is a real expert in his field. The first session will involve goal setting, with the second session reporting on progress and making adjustments.
- 4 hour business growth consultation with Rebecca Caroe, via telephone / Skype, or face-to-face in London / Cambridge. Rebecca is a business growth consultant for creative agencies, so if youï¿½re looking to expand your company then this is the prize for you. If you want Rebecca to visit your offices simply pay her travel expenses.
- Tele-Coaching with Tammy Lenski. A one-hour, private telephone consult with professional mediator and conflict coach Tammy Lenski. Figure out how to deal with a challenging client, strengthen your contract negotiations, or confront difficult conversations with more confidence and success. Free call within the U.S., via Skype outside the U.S.
- One hour product launch consultation with Design Translator (DT) of Design Sojourn. Whether youï¿½re launching a line of t-shirts, custom furniture, electronics, or any other product, DT will lend you his product launch expertise.
- Blog improvement or monetization advice with Easton Ellsworth of Business Blogwire. You choose, do you want to generally improve your blog or do you want help making money from it? Easton has kindly offered his help.
Art and literature
- Two premium quality books designed and produced by David Hyde of david the designer. John Hinchcliffe, internationally acclaimed designer-maker, is the subject of the richly illustrated first of two quality books. Crafts in the 20th Century is the second book kindly donated by David.
- Copy of Brand Aid by Brad VanAuken of The Blake Project. Brand Aid is a practical how-to guide on building winning brands. Derrick Daye was kind enough to offer this great prize.
- Watercolour print from Ed Roach Watercolours. Ed has quite a talent, and will graciously ship your favourite print from his watercolour studio.
- 728px by 90px banner ad for 30 days above the fold on The Blog Experiment, courtesy of Sara. This is quite a new forum for bloggers, but already there are approximately 5,000 posts! You must supply your own artwork.
- 125px by 125px image ad for 30 days on Smart Wealthy Rich. An excellent donation from top blogger, Jonathan.
- Ad icon located site-wide in the top left of Blog-Op, courtesy of Chris Lodge. Another kind gift from a fellow blogger in Scotland.
- 30 day text link ad shown site-wide on Contest Blogger. This is a great way to advertise your very own blog contest. Blogging is about giving something back, so get your contest featured.
- 125px by 125px image ad for 30 days on Freelance Folder. Another superb offering from Jonathan a.k.a Smart Wealthy Rich.
- Lifetime membership to the paid membership site that Andy Beard, WordPress SEO and Niche Marketer, will launch on Andybeard.eu (eta and value yet to be determined). If the prize winner already qualifies for membership (some people will), then Andy will kindly come up with an alternative prize.
WOW! That’s a lot of prizes! It’s a total 72 links, but not sure if the links that duplicate a destination are counted as different or not. Now I’ll be honest, not all of these prizes interest me, but there are some that I would definitely like to have. I’m not sure I really want anything that offered as a service for my blog or website unless I could pick which one of my sites gets the attention.
The final way to get an entry is to subscribe to Edinburgh logo designer David Airey’s website RSS feed and email the special code found at the bottom of the feed to him along with a link to your blog post. Now that that’s done, time to email David and have pint!
UPDATE Links changed from www.davidairey.com to www.davidairey.co.uk as the dot com was stolen from David.